Friday, March 29, 2013

Game of Thrones: fashion inspired by the show

In honor of the third season of Game of Thrones premiering this Sunday, I have created outfits inspired by some of the fierce women on the show.

1. Cersei Lannister
Played by Lena Headey, Cersei is the ambitious, beautiful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She currently holds the title of Queen Regent until her son, Joffrey, comes of age and she has been a sly adversary for the men fighting for the Iron Throne. She is slender, has long golden hair, green eyes, and fair skin.


Cersei wears royal colors and conservative shapes. I chose this red wrap dress for my Cersei-inspired outfit because of its classic silhouette. I paired the dress with red heels and lots of gold bling.


2. Daenerys Targaryen
Daenerys is the Khaleesi and Mother of Dragons. Portrayed by Emilia Clarke, Daenerys is loving and caring, but will take what is hers with fire and blood if she has to. She has the signature Targaryen silver-blonde hair and purple eyes.



For my Daenerys-inspired outfit, I chose a mint and gold-colored palette. Though Daenerys is a female in power, she is still a young girl, and this outfit represents those two sides of her.

3. Ygritte
Ygritte is a wildling woman and scout for Mance Rayder's army. She is strong-willed, exceptionally witty, and skilled in battle. She is skinny, but muscular with red hair referred to as being "kissed by fire" amongst the other wildlings.


My Ygritte-inspired outfit is full of grays and browns. Ygritte wears a lot of fur to keep herself warm, but since I am not a fan of fur (real or synthetic), I opted for a chunky knit infinity scarf.


Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have other movies or TV shows that you would like to see a fashion-inspired post for. And make sure to watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones this Sunday on HBO at 9 p.m. CT.


No comments:

Post a Comment