Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cali Dreaming

Happy Wednesday everyone! I have been swamped with finals this week, so I haven't had a chance to write a new blog. But I finished my last exam last night, so now I'm free!

This blog post is a slight departure from my previous ones. Instead of getting my picture taken, I tried my hand at photography. On Monday, my sister and her friends came to visit me, and I took them around West Hollywood and Beverly Hills to shop, eat, and take a few pictures. So here are the guest appearances that I hinted at last week. (There was a slight problem, but I'll get to it later.)



One of the places where I took Christine and her friends was Robertson Blvd., a trendy street of shops in West Hollywood. We hit up Georgetown Cupcakes (yum!), Alice and Olivia, Intermix, Splendid, Ted Baker, and a few other stores. As St. Louis has been ice cold as of late, it was a nice change of pace for them to get to wear shorts and dresses. If you read my first-ever outfit post, you will notice that the bag Christine is carrying is actually mine- we exchanged M.A.C.s for the term.

CHRISTINE'S OUTFIT

Top: Joie
Bottom: Habitual
Shoes: Dolce Vita
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Accessories: Ray-ban Wayfarer Sunglasses, Forever 21 earrings, OPI 'I Eat Mainely Lobster' nail polish



We also made a stop at Millions of Milkshakes, a favorite drink spot among locals and celebrities alike. As we pulled out of the parking lot, we saw another truck pull in with a Montana license plate. I was driving my boyfriend's truck (he's from a small city in Montana called Kalispell), so this was my first time seeing another Montana license plate in L.A. It turned out that one of the guys has a house in Kalispell. What a small world!

REBECCA'S OUTFIT

Dress: Old Navy
Shoes: Sam Edelman (similar here)
Bag: Coach (vintage)
Accessories: Kate Spade 'Swim Team' necklace, Steve Madden sunglasses (similar here), Essie 'Topless & Barefoot' nail polish




We ended our day at The Grove, an upscale outdoor shopping area, which is where I took Sarah's (above) pictures. However, when I got back to my dorm room to upload the pictures, her pictures were gone from the SD card. I have no idea what happened. So this is a picture taken from an iPhone.


SARAH'S OUTFIT

Dress: Bec & Bridge
Shoes: Steve Madden (not pictured)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (not pictured)
Accessories: Kate Spade earrings, Ray-ban Wayfarer Sunglasses



I believe the highlight of their day was going to the Dash boutique, which is owned by the Kardashian sisters and is featured on their reality shows (yes, they have more than one). We are all huge fans of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" and its spin-offs, so this was fun for me too.

I will be heading to Disneyland today as a reward for being done with finals! Then I head back home to a sleeting St. Louis on Friday for spring break.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I try to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but finals week has messed with that. Thanks for staying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment