Friday, March 15, 2013

Country in My Soul

In honor of my girl Taylor Swift kicking off her RED tour this week, I have put together my own RED outfit. Taylor is known for her on-stage dramatics, so I wore a maxi dress with high slit. I like to wear simple maxi dresses with a button-down shirt, which is a great way to increase the use of your favorite button-down. And nothing speaks more Taylor than a plaid shirt.
I am 5' 4'', so I find that most maxi dresses are a little long on me without wearing heels. That is why I like ones with a drawstring waist. You can adjust (to a certain extent) how far up you want the train of your skirt to start. In that way, you can wear the same maxi dress with both heels and flats.
I am excited for my sister and her friends to come visit on Monday. Though I am in the midst of finals week, I plan on taking a day off to show them around my favorite parts of Los Angeles. There might be some guests on my blog next week. Stay tuned. :)
Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

OUTFIT
Shirt: Abercrombie & Fitch (similar here)
Dress: Soft Joie (sold out)
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

No comments:

Post a Comment