Saturday, March 2, 2013

At the Racetrack: Bring out the Wedges

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend started off as well as mine did. Earlier today, some friends and I went to Santa Anita Park, a horse racetrack. This was my first time going to a racetrack, so it was very exciting. The races were fun to watch, though probably not as nerve-wracking for me as for the many people who had put bets down on the horses. I had no idea how many people took horse race spectating so seriously! Since horse racing is known to be a pretty classy sport to watch, I decided to wear my going-to-the-races outfit. That meant a pretty, colorful dress and some wedges. I recommend wedges over heels at the track because there are many places where your heel might sink into the ground. The one thing that would have totally completed my outfit would have been a floppy sun hat. This past Thursday, a friend and I went shopping for a reasonably-priced one at Ross and T.J. Maxx. We even tried Macy's, but we couldn't find anything. But luckily at the track, not many people had a hat on.
I have to say, I was glad that I brought a larger purse with me because we received souvenir tote bags as we walked in. The stadium (or whatever it's called) was huge, so I'm glad I had on comfortable wedges. After watching a few races, I wanted some food, so I went over to the food trucks. We ended up getting burgers, but next to us was Nonna's Kitchenette, a finalist on the Food Network's The Great Food Truck Race. My sister and I watch this show every summer, so it was really cool to see a food truck that competed in it.
The whole day was very relaxing. We even got interviewed by HRTV (The Network for Horse Sports), which was pretty neat. It's always very refreshing to get off campus and do something new, especially when there's a gorgeous view.
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a great weekend.

OUTFIT
Dress: Splendid
Shoes: Mrkt
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (similar here)
Accessories: Forever 21 Necklace (similar here), Ray-ban Sunglasses

3 comments: