Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trench Coat and Damier Duo

 
During the summer before I started college, I wanted to buy a timeless coat that would be useful in sunny Pasadena. I decided to invest in a trench coat because I foresaw myself wearing it for years to come. This light coat is perfect for spring and I can see it easily transitioning into my work wardrobe in the future.  
                                             Knotting the belt gives my outfit a casual vibe. 
I was at a consignment store back in St. Louis and spotted these Louis Vuitton ballet flats in Damier Ebene (the official name for the brown-checkered pattern). And since they matched my wallet, I had to get them. If you are hesitant to shell out hundreds of dollars on a luxury-brand item, I suggest you look at items sold through consignment stores. Consignment stores sell other people's designer items at a huge discount. The reputable ones guarantee 100% authenticity and go through great lengths to ensure that. The one I always frequent back home is Byrd Style Lounge. And in Los Angeles, consignment stores abound with the most notable being Decades. The owners even have a show on Bravo titled 'Dukes of Melrose.'
Thanks for reading!

OUTFIT
Top: American Eagle
Bottom: Siwy (previously seen here)
Outerwear: Burberry
Shoes: Louis Vuitton
Accessories: Louis Vuitton wallet, House of Harlow necklace (previously seen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment