Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's go to the beach

It is starting to feel like summertime in SoCal. Tomorrow, I am giving myself a much-needed break in the midst of midterms and going to the beach. Here are my beach essentials (minus the swim suit).

fedoratotedressbookflip flopssunscreensunglasses
1. Fedora: A wide-brimmed fedora is the perfect hat to take with you to the beach.
2. Beach Tote: I like to be prepared for the beach and a tote bag fits everything that I need. The last time I went to the beach, my friends and I brought sandwiches from Togo's. I love the idea of packing a lunch meal for the beach with your friends or significant other.
3. Colorful Dress: The beach is the one place where bold prints truly belong. You can buy a swim cover up, but it works just as well to wear a colorful and simple dress over your swim suit. And in that way, you can get more use out of a purchase.
4. "Elite" by Kiera Cass: Even though I am in college, I still read books from the Teen section of Barnes & Noble- it is my guilty pleasure. "Elite" is described as The Bachelor meets Hunger Games, which sounds like pure heaven to me because I am a fan of both series individually. "Elite" is actually the sequel to "The Selection," which I did not think was too impressive and received lackluster reviews. However, critics seem to be taking a better view on the sequel, so I am excited to give the series another go.
5. Rainbows: I don't own these sandals (yet), but my sister has them and they are the best things ever! Nothing says quintessential California quite like Rainbows.
6. Sunscreen: Do not, I repeat, do not forget to apply sunscreen. I burn fast, so I like to slather some on before I head to the beach and keep the bottle in my tote bag for further reapplications.
7. Sunglasses: I have been loving cat-eye sunglasses lately. A fedora and these cat-eyes would be a great combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment