Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's go to the beach

It is starting to feel like summertime in SoCal. Tomorrow, I am giving myself a much-needed break in the midst of midterms and going to the beach. Here are my beach essentials (minus the swim suit).

fedora, tote, dress, book, flip flops, sunscreen, sunglasses
1. Fedora: A wide-brimmed fedora is the perfect hat to take with you to the beach.
2. Beach Tote: I like to be prepared for the beach and a tote bag fits everything that I need. The last time I went to the beach, my friends and I brought sandwiches from Togo's. I love the idea of packing a lunch meal for the beach with your friends or significant other.
3. Colorful Dress: The beach is the one place where bold prints truly belong. You can buy a swim cover up, but it works just as well to wear a colorful and simple dress over your swim suit. And in that way, you can get more use out of a purchase.
4. "Elite" by Kiera Cass: Even though I am in college, I still read books from the Teen section of Barnes & Noble- it is my guilty pleasure. "Elite" is described as The Bachelor meets Hunger Games, which sounds like pure heaven to me because I am a fan of both series individually. "Elite" is actually the sequel to "The Selection," which I did not think was too impressive and received lackluster reviews. However, critics seem to be taking a better view on the sequel, so I am excited to give the series another go.
5. Rainbows: I don't own these sandals (yet), but my sister has them and they are the best things ever! Nothing says quintessential California quite like Rainbows.
6. Sunscreen: Do not, I repeat, do not forget to apply sunscreen. I burn fast, so I like to slather some on before I head to the beach and keep the bottle in my tote bag for further reapplications.
7. Sunglasses: I have been loving cat-eye sunglasses lately. A fedora and these cat-eyes would be a great combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment