Monday, May 20, 2013

GUEST SPOTLIGHT:: Christine Wang

Hey everyone! My sister graduated yesterday and, unfortunately, I could not be with her to share her final high school experience. Here are her reflections on and styling tips for her big day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I officially became an alum to my high school. It's unreal to think I became that "big kid in the church choir outfit" that I looked up to when I was younger. Of course we had graduation outside (for the first time in years) in the lovely mixture of humidity and hotness that characterizes St. Louis springs and summers. But while I sat in my seat feeling my makeup melt off my face and watching the boy's blue gowned backs darken in sweat, I realized that the mere fact I was graduating dispelled all the other dismal conditions of that day.
I chose to stick with the classics and wear a white dress on my last day of labeled adolescence and THANK GOD I did. The dress has an open back so that helped me keep cool during the ceremony. I also wore my Sam Edelman sandals because the last thing I wanted on that day was to trip over the grass in front of thousands of people. A Kate Spade bangle that was given to me by two fantastic people for graduation helped add some color to a very white and neutral outfit. 
OUTFIT
Dress: Free People
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Accessories: Kate Spade bangle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading you guys and congratulations to Christine! She will be heading to Columbia University in NYC this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment