Friday, May 10, 2013

Denim on Denim

I had always been taught that denim on denim was a no-no, but this trend is making a comeback so I decided to give it a try. Before you go running away with this 70's style, here are my thoughts on how to pull it off correctly.
Avoid picking out a one-note outfit. When you are pairing denim with denim, make sure that you choose different washes. I rolled my jeans up to add a lighter blue to my outfit in addition to the different washes of my shirt and jeans.
Details matter, which is why I love this chambray shirt (and chambray in general). The stitching, buttons, and pockets add additional texture to the outfit and breaks up the denim. Although I did not do it here, you can add a belt to further break it up.
And lastly, style this trend with some natural-colored sandals. Layering denim on denim packs a punch, so nude or brown shoes complement it perfectly.
Thanks for reading!

OUTFIT
Top: Cloth & Stone (from Anthropologie)
Bottom: American Eagle
Shoes: MRKT (previously seen here)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (previously seen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment