Monday, December 9, 2013

Booties and Boucle


When I go out these days, I find myself reaching for the same outfit formula: black top, black pants, and a nice jacket. This is a tried-and-true method for looking slim and put-together. And best of all, it requires little thinking, which after a long day of school and work, is the answer to my prayers. Not that I pray or anything.
I got this boucle jacket at a sample sale back in November. Originally priced at $400, I scored it for only $60. If you like designer clothing, but do not want to pay the full price AND want clothing that is in season AND live in Los Angeles or New York, then sample sales are a necessity of life. You can find out when they are here.
I splurged on a pair of these rag & bone booties (on my gift guide) this past Black Friday. I have been obsessing over these shoes for quite some time now and finally made the purchase when Shopbop put them on sale for Black Friday weekend.  
These booties are perfect for the colder weather and look best when worn with a baggy sweater and jeans. They can also be dressed up for a holiday party with a sweater dress and tights. 
Thanks for reading!
OUTFIT
Top: J. Crew
Jacket: Joie (similar here)
Bottom: Lululemon
Shoes: rag & bone


No comments:

Post a Comment