Friday, April 19, 2013

Macaron Fix

Most of my friends know that I am addicted to French macarons. These delicate, yet filling, colorful desserts are the best things since sliced bread. I usually go to Lette in Old Pasadena to get my macaron fix- I cannot get enough of the Sweet Wedding Almond-flavored one! Today, however, I went to Bottega Louie in downtown Los Angeles to meet up with my friend, Sarah, who was in town visiting USC, for lunch. Located at the intersection of 7th and Grand, Bottega Louie is a posh and beautiful restaurant known for its desserts, in particular the macarons. It was recently named the most popular restaurant in the country by Yelp.
 from left to right: pistachio, earl grey, raspberry, strawberry, strawberry

from left to right: grand cru, grand cru, chocolate orange, lemon, vanilla

My favorite flavors are by far the strawberry and grand cru, though the other flavors are equally delightful. 
In addition to the desserts, Bottega Louie serves up some delicious lunch and dinner food. I ordered the Tagliatelle Bolognese, which hit the spot. I am a sucker for pasta dishes, and this one did not fail to disappoint. I especially enjoyed the meat sauce.
I just love the vibrant colors of the macarons!
It was great seeing you, Sarah!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment