Monday, April 15, 2013

Cascading Lavender

Happy Monday everyone! This past Saturday, I attended ASCIT formal. It was held on top of Mt. Wilson, so I was hoping for panoramic views of Los Angeles. However, it was foggy that night so it instead felt like we were above the clouds. Also, the stars were the clearest I had ever seen them in California. It was magical.
A month ago, I was looking for a dress for formal, but I did not want to buy one. Then I remembered Rent The Runway, a website where you can rent designer dresses for a fraction of the retail price. This site is perfect for me because I am a one and done kind of girl when it comes to formal dresses. I will definitely be renting more dresses in the future.
After much browsing, I decided to rent this lavender dress by Badgley Mischka. This dress came straight off the runway from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I was drawn to the intricate neckline and pastel color.
Before the dance, my girlfriends and I decided to get our hair done. I had been wanting to try the Drybar ever since it opened in Pasadena a few months ago. Contrary to what most people think when hearing the name, the Drybar is a blow dry bar meaning that they wash your hair, blow it out, and style it. I wanted "Old Hollywood" hair, and it turned out just like how I had envisioned it (ask for Stephanie- she's amazing!). I had so much fun with this experience and highly recommend it.
Thanks for reading!

OUTFIT
Dress: Badgley Mischka
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini
Accessories: Forever 21 leaf ring, monogrammed bracelet

1 comment: