Monday, September 23, 2013

Pretty in Pink (Part 2)

Hi everyone!
I cannot believe that this is my first post in over three months. I hope that you guys have had a great summer filled with happiness and relaxation. This past summer for me has been fun, busy, and productive. To sum it up, I spent 10 weeks in Washington D.C., 3 weeks at home in St. Louis, one week in Kalispell (which is in Montana), and 3 days in New York City. Unfortunately, I did not have my Canon Rebel T3i DSLR camera with me to document my many business outfits while interning in D.C. But now that Summer has become Fall, I have finally found some down time to continue my blog. I hope that you guys enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy putting them together. Enjoy!
Because I essentially wore conservative dresses, blouses, and pencil skirts all summer long, I was more than ready to shed the "government look" once I came home. I am still as into pink as ever, and this striped number seemed like a great way to transition from my last blog post to this one. The horizontal stripes are body thinning and the ruching of the skirt hugs the body in an easy-to-wear and figure-flattering way. I know that most of you are thinking that I have it all backwards- that vertical, not horizontal, stripes are supposed to make you look skinnier. But I have always found that vertical stripes make me and other people look fatter (and there is science to prove it!). 
To add more shades of pink to my outfit, I paired my dress with coral nails, blush pumps, and a maroon wallet. This might seem a little too matchy-matchy, but I love to build my outfits every once and a while around a single color. And to give such an outfit depth, I mix and match different shades, textures, and patterns. 
These cute little guys are Cory (the dog) and Samuel (the brother). I loved how Sam and I happened to match today with our stripes! Though the last thing he needs is to look thinner.
Thanks for reading guys! Next post will be up Wednesday. 

OUTFIT
Dress: Splendid
Shoes: Kate Spade 
Wallet: Dooney and Bourke (vintage)
Accessories: BaubleBar necklace, BaubleBar bracelet, Fendi sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment